Problem Before you start troubleshooting clients, how long have you waited? I usually setup and configure WSUS up at the start of a job, then leave it alone for a few DAYS , before I start worrying. Here are the steps I usually follow to get the machines listed in the WSUS management console. Solution 1. Assuming you are deploying your WSUS settings by GPO , make sure the machine in question is actually trying to apply the policy, you can do this by running rsop.msc like so: Or by running gpresult /R from command line Note : If you cannot see Computer Policy / Computer Settings, i.e. you can only see user settings, then you are probably not running the command window as ‘Administrator’ (Locate cmd.exe > right click > Run as Administrator ). 2. If you are enforcing by GPO , or directly via registry edit, your next step is to check that the registry entries exist. Start > In the Search/Run box t...
Comments
Post a Comment